White is being seen everywhere and it makes a great summer fashion statement. I especially love the white bermuda shorts being show by several designers including Ralph Lauren and Stella McCartney. This updated classic is a must have summer item and so I thought it would be a good time to give you a few tips to keep in mind when adding white to your wardrobe.
- If you have fair skin wear bright white since off-white is not as flattering.
- You can also wear bright white if you have dark skin because it is a wonderful contrast.
- Our eyes see pure white as a very bright color making it an attention-grabber.
- When worn with dark colors such as black or navy bright white looks crisp and polished.
- Pure whites often have a cool or blue undertone and may not work well with other pieces that have warm or yellow undertones. A creamy white would blend better with warm colors.
- Keep in mind that white is a color that seems to expand and makes things appear larger so be prepared for that possibility especially if you wear white from head to toe.
- Off-white is more versatile if you are looking for a neutral white that goes with anything.
White bermudas can be found just about everywhere so have fun finding the perfect pair in the right white for you.