Pronounced or strong colors are not generally used in areas where people have to concentrate, such as offices or classroom for example. This does not mean that these areas have to be boring since colors that are a bit more subtle can still have an enormous impact.
By using the descriptors "warm and friendly" it sounds like you would like to create a comfortable and welcoming environment not only for yourself but also for your clients or visitors. In that case natural colors including sage green, soft yellow, light gold, coffee latte, or coral are all good choices. Steer away from colors that are too dull or cool such as gray, ice blue, etc unless you have lots of wood and other natural elements that will keep the office from feeling cold and too impersonal.
Below are some specific colors suggestions if you want to see samples of the types of hues that I recommend however you can find similar colors from whichever paint company you chose to use.
- Benjamin Moore Scenic Drive 697 a natural soft green;
- Benjamin Moore Roxbury Carmel HC-42 is as delicious as it sounds;
- Benjamin Moore Concord Ivory HC-12 a straw gold that I find cheerful yet more sophistocated than a sunny yellow;
- Benjamin Moore Southern Charm 1173 is a warm fleshtone neutral;
- Benjamin Moore Dearborn Tan 1153 is a tan with reddish undertones.